Sunday, January 22, 2023

NetGalley Check-In #2

My second week on NetGalley was somehow more overwhelming than my first-- I guess the honeymoon period is over and now comes the daunting task of catching up on all the books I thought it was a great idea to request during my first 10 minutes on the site. I  am slowly catching up and getting my feedback ratio to where I want it to be though-- one small step at a time.

FEEDBACK RATIO

My feedback ratio has increased a lot this week-- from 38% to 61%. My secret has basically been just not requesting any new novels  at all-- it's harder than it sounds! I've also picked up a few kids books so those reviews go quicker!

BOOKS I READ THIS WEEK

I managed to read and review 6 books that I was approved for or grabbed from the Read Now section during the past week-- 2 Historical Romance novels, 3 children's books, and a cookbook. I also finished Your Dream For Me by Alison Schaffir but haven't had a chance to review it yet-- and Spare by Prince Harry, which wasn't from NetGalley but just for me.





I enjoyed both Love On The Line by Anabelle Bryant, and One Wedding and an Earl by Tracy Sumner, but my favorite of these six books was probably The Unofficial Big Lebowski Cocktail Book 😂 My son, on the other hand, is very into Good Night, Body by Britney Winn Lee-- he's made me read it to him before bed every night since I introduced it. I enjoyed Are You A Monster by Guilherme Karsten and Would You Rather? Easter Edition by Lindsey Daly, too. I'll have reviews of all of them up closer to their release! 

BOOKS TO READ

Just like last week, I have 8 books unreviewed on my shelf, though like I said above, I'm done with Your Dream For Me by Alison Schaffir. I'm also tearing through  Love a Lady at Midnight by Charlie Lane-- it's awesome so far! 

Dinner Party by Sarah Gilmartin, The Lady Knows Best by Susanna Craig, The Half Moon by Mary Beth Keane, and Hotel Laguna by Nicola Harrison are still waiting from last week. Despite my best efforts I also added 2 more books to my shelf this week-- Hello Stranger by Katherine Center, and The Book Proposal by KJ Micciche. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my shelves under control in the coming days and have a higher Feedback Ratio to report next Sunday too :)


No comments:

Post a Comment