Sunday, January 15, 2023

NetGalley Check-In #1

This past week I finally went ahead and joined NetGalley after hearing about it for years. I always assumed it was for bloggers who were more 'professional' and had bigger followings than me, so I gave it a pass. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately given the backlog of books that I already have there) someone tipped me off that they also have a Read Now section, so I decided to give it a try and join up.

I immediately completed the rookie mistake of requesting way too many books, so I guess at least that's out of the way and I can proceed to the fun part-- the joy of reading and reviewing!

FEEDBACK RATIO

First I'm going to go ahead and share my current feedback ratio-- a whooping 38%. NetGalley recommends that this number be above 80%, so that's a little cringe, but I'm working hard to catch up!

BOOKS I READ THIS WEEK

I managed to read 5 books that I was approved for or grabbed from the Read Now section during the past week. I'm mostly going through my NetGalley Shelf in order by Publication Date, but I mixed it up a bit. 




I absolutely loved Not Your Valentine by Jackie Lau. It comes out on January 24 and you should absolutely RUN to read it. The Pact by Roberta Kagan and The Runaway Viscount by Darcy Burke sadly left less of an impression. I enjoyed sharing both Animal Opposites by Nikolas Ilic and Booook! A Spooky High Contrast Book by duopress labs with my 2 year old, though she's growing too fast and has outpaced high contrast now :) I'll have reviews of those up closer to their release dates.

BOOKS TO READ

I still have 8 books on my shelf, though I'm just about halfway done with Love on the Line by Anabelle Bryant and One Wedding and an Earl by Tracy Sumner, both of which come out in a few days.

The other 6 books patiently waiting on my shelf are Love a Lady at Midnight by Charlie Lane, Dinner Party by Sarah Gilmartin, Your Dream For Me by Alison Schaffir, The Lady Knows Best by Susanna Craig, The Half Moon by Mary Beth Keane, and Hotel Laguna by Nicola Harrison. Hopefully I'll have more to share next week about how much I enjoyed some of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment